Advanced reporting console for users traffic analysisLearn more
Rapid development of multiplayer virtual worlds with SmartFoxServer and the Flash platformLearn more
Experience the next generation massive multiplayer platform, with an enhanced architecture and tons of new featuresLearn more
Move SmartFoxServer 2X to the cloud with the RightScale Cloud management PlatformLearn more
Dedicated and semi-dedicated hosting for SmartFoxServer Basic/Pro/2XLearn more
- January 2nd, 201510 Years Promo continues
Given the large appreciation from our customers, we have decided to extend the amazing 20% discount on all our server products until the end of January 2015. Don’t miss it, visit our online shop!
- November 24th, 2014Celebrating 10 years!
Ten years ago, in late November 2004, we launched our first commercial version of SmartFoxServer, the Basic edition, which was soon followed by the PRO version in early 2005.
To celebrate the 10 years of activity, and in conjunction with the holiday season, we’re happy to announce an amazing 20% discount campaign on all licenses and license upgrades available in our online store.
The promotion will last until the end of 2014 and it will cover all our server products, including:
- SmartFoxServer Basic
- SmartFoxServer PRO (including BlueBox add-on)
- SmartFoxServer 2X (including Analytics add-on)
Visit our online shop to see all the discounted prices, and make sure to take advantage of this unique offer!
- July 8th, 2014SmartFoxServer 2X 2.9.0
A new SFS2X update is available with new powerful features and fixes discussed in the support forums recently:
- Improved scalability and thread management via Auto-scaling Thread Pools. No more need to fine tune threads by hand
- BlueBox v3.0: revamped and improved edition running on the latest Jetty 9
- Integrated file uploads
- Added support for websockets over SSL (WSS)
- AdminTool: Extension Manager module, allows to manage, upload and deploy Extensions directly from the Admin GUI
- AdminTool: administrators can now be given access to a selection of modules and server halt/restart permissions
… lots more …
You can read the full release notes and download the installer from here.
Also check the latest HTML5 client API supporting the WSS protocol and the porting of the SpaceWar game to Unity (available in the Unity examples package).
- December 22nd, 2013More MMO API goodies!
We have added new articles and tutorials for our latest MMO API, released in SFS2X 2.8.0:
- SpaceWar game tutorial provides a detailed walkthrough to building a realtime action game integrating physics, authoritative server, lag hiding techniques and Area Of Interest to provide a seamless gaming experience for hundreds of players.
- MMO Demo Unity tutorial introduces the MMO API for Unity developers showing the basic concepts and features included in SmartFoxServer 2.8.0.
- Advanced uses of the MMORoom and MMO API provides various advanced tips and tricks for developing with the MMO API on the server side.
- November 15th, 2013SmartFoxServer 2X 2.8.0
- New MMO API: provides tools for building vast, large-scale explorable worlds with thousands of players interacting in the same “Room”, non player entities and much much more;
- New Room Persistence API: provides convenient tools for storing game state, personal Rooms, etc, to local files or an external database;
- New updated client API for Flash, Unity, Java/Android, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 supporting MMORooms, MMOItems and MMOItemVariables;
- New Flash and Unity examples to demonstrate the latest API.
For an introduction on the new MMO API see this documentation page.
Please follow these links to get the updates:
- SmartFoxServer 2X v2.8 patch update (requires v2.7.0!)
- ActionScript/Java/C# client API updates
- Flash/Unity MMO API examples
If you are an iOS developer make sure to check the latest Objective-C API release, which is now 100% ARC and provides several fixes as requested in the support board.