Together with SFS2X we provide the latest version of our SmartFoxBits components, which can save you a ton of time in setting up the application GUI if you are using the Adobe Flash platform to build your client.
The base SmartFoxBits pack contains five components:
- Connector: manages the connection/disconnection process (supporting the new reconnection system too)
- Login: handles the login process
- RoomList: manages the Rooms list, including the Groups feature (allowing to create multiple views of the list based on groups)
- UserList: manages the user list allowing private chat
- ChatBox: provides a basic chatting component
You can check all the details and read the documentation on the SmartFoxBits page.
A new SFS2X update is available with new powerful features and fixes discussed in the support forums recently:
- New MMO API: provides tools for building vast, large-scale explorable worlds with thousands of players interacting in the same “Room”, non player entities and much much more;
- New Room Persistence API: provides convenient tools for storing game state, personal Rooms, etc, to local files or an external database;
- New updated client API for Flash, Unity, Java/Android, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 supporting MMORooms, MMOItems and MMOItemVariables;
- New Flash and Unity examples to demonstrate the latest API.
For an introduction on the new MMO API see this documentation page.
Please follow these links to get the updates:
If you are an iOS developer make sure to check the latest Objective-C API release, which is now 100% ARC and provides several fixes as requested in the support board.
In the past few weeks we released a new server patch, new API versions and some new material. Here you go:
- SmartFoxServer 2X v2.6.0 patch
- Flash AS3 API v1.1.6
- Unity/.Net/Mono C# API v1.2.0
- Android/Java2 SE Java API v1.2.0
- iOS/OSX Objective-C API v1.1.5
- New C++ API (beta)
Please read the full release notes and download the update from our download section.
We also made available a new ServerTemplate for the RightScale platform (which now also installs the latest SFS2X patch) and a new white paper discussing the best practices to secure SmartFoxServer 2X.
A new update is available for SmartFoxServer 2X. It provides several fixes related to the latest issues discussed in the forums and includes new improvements. The cumulative patch can be applied to version 2.0.1 and higher. Please read the full release notes and download the update from our download section.
On the client side we have also released:
- New HTML5/Websocket API release (final release)
- New ActionScript 3 API
- New Windows RT / Windows Phone 8 API (beta)