With the release of patch 2.13.1 SmartFoxServer 2X adds support for lambda expressions in Java Extensions. Also we have added support for this new JDK 8 feature in the Java client API, starting from release 1.7.1
If you’re not familiar with lambda expressions we highly recommend to take a look at our introductory article where we illustrate the basics and show how to integrate the feature in your server side code.
In this new article we will focus on the client side of things but, before getting started, make sure you are already using the JDK 8 (or later) and the SFS2X Java API 1.7.1 (or higher) Continue reading
We have just released a new update of the Objective-C/Swift API providing full support for Apple’s latest tvOS. The release also includes a couple of fixes for the iOS and OS X frameworks.
Together with SFS2X we provide the latest version of our SmartFoxBits components, which can save you a ton of time in setting up the application GUI if you are using the Adobe Flash platform to build your client.
The base SmartFoxBits pack contains five components:
- Connector: manages the connection/disconnection process (supporting the new reconnection system too)
- Login: handles the login process
- RoomList: manages the Rooms list, including the Groups feature (allowing to create multiple views of the list based on groups)
- UserList: manages the user list allowing private chat
- ChatBox: provides a basic chatting component
You can check all the details and read the documentation on the SmartFoxBits page.