A complete mess

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

capdetrons

A complete mess

Postby capdetrons » 20 Nov 2013, 17:28

:) Hi, I'm editing this post again from scratch and will try to make it a coherent question. I've spent too much time in front of the screen and just did'nt know where else to ask for help about a probably simple problem I was too saturated to even think right. I will print out any relevant info instead of surfing around not knowing exactly where to look... I use wamp in combination with smartfox and would like to find out about communicating from the extensions via php. I'll look around smartfox older documentation ...
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: A complete mess

Postby Lapo » 21 Nov 2013, 20:08

You mean that you would like to call external PHP pages from your Extension code?
It can be done using a Java Extension and a HTTP library such as this one which will hide the complexity of performing the HTTP calls: http://httpd.apache.org/

You will probably also need a Thread Pool for the HTTP calls to make sure that your code is scalable, in other words that you can run multiple calls in parallel.
Thread pools are a breeze with the java.util.concurrent package.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
capdetrons

Re: A complete mess

Postby capdetrons » 24 Nov 2013, 19:55

thanks, Lapo. But I am using php from the wamp server. I was only hoping fo a stroke of luck expecting someone to tell me where to place the javaxmail class if I ever managed to compile it by myself. It just seemed more pratcical in order to avoid having to imstall a different server each time I restore my software, but it's alright. I'll keep working to try and catch up with a minimum basic knowledge of this all. Thanks again.

Cheers

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”