Server not allowing to play more than certain number of user

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

vivek

Server not allowing to play more than certain number of user

Postby vivek » 14 Mar 2014, 17:03

Hi,

I'm using smartfoxserver pro. I have created a single room(with max users as 3000). In that when I connect 500 users with single instance for performance testing, It makes 500 users to login but it allows only 400 to play the game at a time(maximum reached 413 users after several try). Also I have tested with 5 instances to make 500 users to play(i.e., 100 users from each instance). At that time also it allows only 400 users to play inside smart fox pro. Can anybody suggest me to overcome this problem.

I tried with jetty, apache tomcat as instance, also I used direct java code to hit the sfs server. but every time same proble occurs.
I have increased the users to 1000 at that time also it allows only 400 users(approx.).
Also I'm not receiving any kind of errors in both server and client side.

Thanks & regards
vivek.
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Server not allowing to play more than certain number of

Postby Bax » 17 Mar 2014, 09:12

Stuffing so many users in a single Room is wrong. Depending on the traffic generated by the game, this could fill up the internal queues of SmartFoxServer and cause all sort of issues. Maybe you can take a screenshot in the AdminTool's dashboard, which should highlight this problem.
Anyway as I said you should limit the number of players in a single Room to max 50, and design your game accordingly.
If this is not possible, then I suggest to move to SFS2X, which offers new features helping to optimize the messages in highly trafficked Rooms (efficient binary protocol, events inhibition, MMORooms, etc).
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”