Installing Game

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

wenliang

Installing Game

Postby wenliang » 09 May 2014, 16:12

Hi,
I am at the step d of install African Farmer Game. In my downloads i only have afrimanfarmerPM folder not the africanfarmer folder. Please advise. Thanks. w
wenliang

Re: Installing Game

Postby wenliang » 09 May 2014, 17:36

I made an directory called 'AfricanFarmer' under the 'root' directory and then copied \AfricanFarmerMP\gameFrontend\config to it. Let me know if what I did was correct.
Thanks, w
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 May 2014, 08:24

We have no idea what "AfricanFarmer" is. What does this has to do with SmartFoxServer?
Can you clarify?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
wenliang

Postby wenliang » 12 May 2014, 16:14

Sorry, I just realized you only support the SFX. Then I have two questions for you.
1. Is there a way to stop the server? It seems it I double click on the SFX icon I could start the service but there is no place I could stop the service.
2. I have an instruction to check server firewall settings. It says Open the confifured TCP ports (default=9933 and 8080 for the bluebox) to "the world" Could you help me this this step?
Thanks,w
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 12 May 2014, 16:39

I've moved the thread in the right section.

1. Is there a way to stop the server? It seems it I double click on the SFX icon I could start the service but there is no place I could stop the service.

You can connect to the running server via the AdminTool and stop it from there.
See section 3.3 here:
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/docs/1x/

2. I have an instruction to check server firewall settings. It says Open the confifured TCP ports (default=9933 and 8080 for the bluebox) to "the world" Could you help me this this step?

Not very much actually. Sorry.
If you have a firewall you should be able to add new rules to it. Every firewall comes with its own GUI, so you may need to consult the specific documentation (i.e. of the firewall) to see how to add rules to it.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”