Solved! Internal error: You haven't joined any rooms! Solved

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ninjaoninja2

Solved! Internal error: You haven't joined any rooms! Solved

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 17 Jun 2014, 03:33

Hello,
I am getting the following error, as soon as I finally got my DB login working this error popped up. "Internal error:
You haven't joined any rooms! In order to interact with the server you should join at least one room.
Please consult the documentation for more infos." Now if I go to the next room and come back I can see my avatar on screen but I cant chat, I can move, but not chat. Can you help me fix or give me a documentation link to help explain this better to me. I have no idea where this sort of error would be located in the documentation.

Thanks your Ninja pal, Ninjaoninja2
Last edited by Ninjaoninja2 on 23 Jun 2014, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Internal error: You haven't joined any rooms!

Postby Bax » 17 Jun 2014, 13:45

As the error message reports, after the login you have to join a Room before doing any other action.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Ninjaoninja2

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 17 Jun 2014, 14:34

Bax wrote:As the error message reports, after the login you have to join a Room before doing any other action.

Alright, but here's my main problem I forgot to mention this but I have two rooms setup on my game to use triggers I have one set to autoJoin so what I don't get is why when somebody logs in that autoJoin is ignored.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 18 Jun 2014, 08:10

Make sure the Room configuration has the "autoJoin" flag set to true, and that the client calls the SmartFoxClient.autoJoin method after the Room list has been received.
If the default login mechanism provided by SmartFoxServer is used, then the list of Rooms is received right after a successful login
Instead, if a custom login handler is implemented, the room list must be manually requested to the server using the SmartFoxClient.getRoomList method.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Ninjaoninja2

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 22 Jun 2014, 21:47

Bax wrote:Make sure the Room configuration has the "autoJoin" flag set to true, and that the client calls the SmartFoxClient.autoJoin method after the Room list has been received.
If the default login mechanism provided by SmartFoxServer is used, then the list of Rooms is received right after a successful login
Instead, if a custom login handler is implemented, the room list must be manually requested to the server using the SmartFoxClient.getRoomList method.

Thanks Bax, That worked perfectly. But now I have ran into one more bug. The user will send a public message out and it will log it but it the bubble nor the message shows up in-game.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 23 Jun 2014, 08:16

Make sure the message is received by enabling the debug mode on the SmartFoxClient instance (you will see messages traced in the Flash console).
If everything is ok, you then have to understand why the message isn't displayed in your graphical interface by reviewing your actionscript code.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”