Servers

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ninjaoninja2

Servers

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 21 Jul 2014, 16:33

Hello,
I was wondering how I would get started with servers for example if you have ever seen Club Penguin you login and then you come to a server page you then pick a server and you are paired up within the users on the same server.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Servers

Postby Lapo » 21 Jul 2014, 18:18

Club Penguin is a huge system made of several SFS, web-server and db clusters, if you are starting with multiplayer programming I'd suggest something smaller :)
At least to learn the basics architecture of this kind of games.

Choosing multiple servers means that you have multiple instances running your game, maybe based on the country of the player etc... It's nothing particularly difficult to implement but requires managing many servers together.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Jul 2014, 18:20

Also take a look at the documentation: http://www.smartfoxserver.com/docs/1x/
Section A, the Application Architecture article. It provides many suggestions on how to organize small and large game servers, including multiple instances.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
Ninjaoninja2

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 21 Jul 2014, 18:21

Lapo wrote:Also take a look at the documentation: http://www.smartfoxserver.com/docs/1x/
Section A, the Application Architecture article. It provides many suggestions on how to organize small and large game servers, including multiple instances.

That's my go to thanks Lapo!

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”