Question about servers

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ninjaoninja2

Question about servers

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 27 Dec 2014, 18:36

Hey guys,
I'm working on a new game and I was wondering if split the game into servers (Connecting a user to a different ip by using a button for each button) would that allow 20 users on each server if we had the standard 20 user license that comes with pro? And if it is possible would I have to connect them using the connect SFS API and create a new zone for each server?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Question about servers

Postby Lapo » 14 Jan 2015, 21:22

The question is not very clear.
You seem to be asking if it's possible to use multiple servers with a free 20-users license together to handle many clients. The answer is yes, you can do that. The client will need a list of servers to try and connect to. If it fails it will probably need to try another one.

thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Ninjaoninja2

Re: Question about servers

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 16 Jan 2015, 21:46

Lapo wrote:The question is not very clear.
You seem to be asking if it's possible to use multiple servers with a free 20-users license together to handle many clients. The answer is yes, you can do that. The client will need a list of servers to try and connect to. If it fails it will probably need to try another one.

thanks

That's exactly what I was asking, sorry for the lack of clarity.

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”