"Connecting"

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

redtailgames

"Connecting"

Postby redtailgames » 09 Oct 2015, 16:16

Hi there. I'm working on a small virtual world using Adobe Flash CS6 and SmartFoxServer Pro. (I'm using this tutorial:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUT3pzG8vzY)

I've done everything correctly in this tutorial, and when I click "Publish Preview" on Adobe Flash CS6, it brings up a SmartFoxServer tab that says "Connecting..."

I'm really new to this kinda thing and I'm not sure if this is a Adobe Flash problem, or a SmartFoxServer problem. Any help/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: "Connecting"

Postby Lapo » 09 Oct 2015, 19:05

Hi,
no errors after a while? It should fail pretty soon, if there's a connection problem.

If it hangs forever it may be a firewall issue. To double check instead of "Publish Preview", simply run the project in the Flash IDE itself, by hitting CTRL+Enter (Windows) or Cmd+Enter (Mac)

Does it work? If not does it fail with any error?

thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
redtailgames

Postby redtailgames » 09 Oct 2015, 21:00

Wow! That worked, thanks so much! Do you have any idea why it's doing that when I click "preview project" though?

Thanks again! :D
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 Oct 2015, 07:42

The preview launches the project in the browser which is subject to the "policy cross-domain" restrictions.
You can read more here: http://www.smartfoxserver.com/docs/1x/d ... urity.html
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”