Couple of Questions.

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Danny

Couple of Questions.

Postby Danny » 18 Mar 2016, 14:01

Hi there,

Firstly, I see that there are a number of examples included within 1.6.6, however majority of the examples I wish to explore are those found in the AS2 folder, such as avatar chat. As AS2 is no longer supported, unless you use an old version of Flash, I wondered if there was an AS3 version of this?

Secondly, I've a question regarding the config files to <StripCharacters><![CDATA[,.;:_!$%&/#*-+]]></StripCharacters>.

If I wish to prevent use of special characters and numbers, therefore only allowing A-Z, I'm assuming it's not a case of just entering the characters within the CDATA that I don't wish to be used, as teh default characters still displaying in the AS2 example.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Couple of Questions.

Postby Lapo » 18 Mar 2016, 14:51

Before I answer... unless there's a specific reason for using SFS 1.x I'd highly recommend moving to SFS2X these days.
SFS2X vastly improves its predecessor on all fronts (protocol, efficiency, security, features, etc...) and it supports a vast array of platforms: desktop, mobile, consoles etc...

With this said, the interface of both AS2 and AS3 API in SFS1.x are essentially the same, so the logic we've used in the AS2 examples will translate to AS3 without any major difference.

Secondly, I've a question regarding the config files to <StripCharacters><![CDATA[,.;:_!$%&/#*-+]]></StripCharacters>. If I wish to prevent use of special characters and numbers, therefore only allowing A-Z, I'm assuming it's not a case of just entering the characters within the CDATA that I don't wish to be used, as teh default characters still displaying in the AS2 example.

I am not sure I understand.
The StripCharacters settings tells the bad words filter which characters to remove before analyzing the message for potential bad words. So if some writes this in the chat --> B__A__D___W__O__R__D, it will be recognized anyways because underscore is removed prior to the analysis.

If you want to prevent the user to use certain characters in the chat messages you should limit them from client side, typically by configuring the input text fields, in Flash.

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”