Run error

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

jett

Run error

Postby jett » 31 May 2016, 10:53

Hello!

I'm sorry for a lot of questions about AS and SFS2X, but I have problem with SFS Basic 1.5.5
I can't run it (I use Windows 10):
FATAL ERROR: Could not create log files.

How I can fix this error?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Run error

Postby Lapo » 06 Jun 2016, 08:15

Hi,
it looks like you've installed the server in a folder where you don't have permissions to write file, hence the error.

If you're running Windows make sure you install the server in a folder below your User's directory. Alternatively you can run SmartFoxServer as Administrator. If I remember correctly you just need to right click on the executable and select the "Run as Admin" option or something like that... (sorry, haven't used Windows in years :) )

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
jett

Re: Run error

Postby jett » 13 Jun 2016, 15:20

Lapo wrote:Hi,
it looks like you've installed the server in a folder where you don't have permissions to write file, hence the error.

If you're running Windows make sure you install the server in a folder below your User's directory. Alternatively you can run SmartFoxServer as Administrator. If I remember correctly you just need to right click on the executable and select the "Run as Admin" option or something like that... (sorry, haven't used Windows in years :) )

cheers

Thank you! :D

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”