[HELP] Need help on installing API for Windows 7

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Zaluch

[HELP] Need help on installing API for Windows 7

Postby Zaluch » 18 Aug 2010, 16:30

Hi, I just finished installing SmartFoxServer Basic.

However, I can't run the example files.

It shows error: The class or interface 'SmartFoxClient' could not be loaded.

It seems that there is a problem with the API.
I followed this tutorial for installling the API.
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/docs/docP ... lation.htm
and it still shows the same error.

I'm running it on Windows 7 64bits and installed SmartFoxServer to desktop. Somehow I can't run the server if I install it to the program files.

I tried to run it on another computer with Windows XP and it works perfectly. It seems there is a problem with Windows 7 restrictions. Any thoughts?
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 19 Aug 2010, 00:22

I'm also using Windows 7 64 Bit OS, but I'm not encountering any problems with SFS.

That error simply means that it can't find the client's API package. Make sure you specify the correct path to the package. Alternatively you could copy the 'it' and 'com' folder into your project folder. The 'it' and 'com' folders are both located in the API folder inside 'Flash API' or 'Actionscript API' via your SFS installation path.
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 19 Aug 2010, 05:14

Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Zaluch

Postby Zaluch » 19 Aug 2010, 08:15

BigFIsh wrote:I'm also using Windows 7 64 Bit OS, but I'm not encountering any problems with SFS.

That error simply means that it can't find the client's API package. Make sure you specify the correct path to the package. Alternatively you could copy the 'it' and 'com' folder into your project folder. The 'it' and 'com' folders are both located in the API folder inside 'Flash API' or 'Actionscript API' via your SFS installation path.

I found the 'it' folder, but couldn't find the 'com' folder. Funny that I already specify the correct path for ActionScript Settings in Flash, and it worked earlier too and stopped working after some time. Well, at least it works after i copied the 'it' to my project folder.

Also, can you install it to Program Files or Program Files(x86)? Because I'm installing it to desktop folder. Thanks for the help, anyway.
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 19 Aug 2010, 08:19

No, you can't install sfs in program files due to windows 7 permitions. you could create another file in C:\ called programs and install sfs there

--EDIT--

Oh. I didn't see that it wasn't windows 7 32 bits. sorry
Last edited by rjgtav on 19 Aug 2010, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 19 Aug 2010, 10:13

On windows 7, 'Program Files' is for your 64 bit programs, and 'Program Files (x86)' is for 32 bit programs. SmartFoxServer is a 32 bit program, so it will be installed inside 'Program Files (x86)'. There's nothing wrong with this - just that you'll need to update your SFS API class path.

Ah right, you must be using AS2 API as it doesn't have 'com' folder. AS3 does.
Zaluch

Postby Zaluch » 19 Aug 2010, 11:11

BigFIsh wrote:On windows 7, 'Program Files' is for your 64 bit programs, and 'Program Files (x86)' is for 32 bit programs. SmartFoxServer is a 32 bit program, so it will be installed inside 'Program Files (x86)'. There's nothing wrong with this - just that you'll need to update your SFS API class path.

Ah right, you must be using AS2 API as it doesn't have 'com' folder. AS3 does.

I can't start the server if I put the sfs folder on program files(x86).

The 'com' folder only exists in sfs pro too I think. I hope there is a comprehensive tutorial for AS3 as I'm about to learn it, hehe.
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 19 Aug 2010, 20:24

Did you 'copy' the entire SFS folder from your old OS into the new OS? If so, that'll cause the problem since the SFS would look inside 'Program Files' since that was the directory path on the last OS. If you give SFS a fresh install, then it should be fine.
Zaluch

Postby Zaluch » 21 Aug 2010, 14:36

Nah, I downloaded the new one. I pointed the API folder and tested the examples and there was no problem. It starts to occur that very same night for unknown reason.
sandratra

Re: [HELP] Need help on installing API for Windows 7

Postby sandratra » 10 Jun 2016, 08:44

I do not know if my problem is the same except that it's on the API Client DLL in Windows Universal. I use Visual Studio 2015 and Windows 10 company , walking my applications from Windows 8 and more except that the connection of these applications will not work on Windows 7 or Vista to the limit.
is he not DLLs customers to Windows7? Thank you
sandratra

Postby sandratra » 13 Jun 2016, 08:17

The client API doesn't work in Windows 7, is ther any solutions?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 13 Jun 2016, 14:05

This topic is 6 years old. You should please start a new topic, describing what SFS version you are using, what API version and what you want to achieve exactly. You mentioned all versions of Windows, but it is not clear what you want to obtain.
Also please note that if you want to create a Windows Universal application, you should use SmartFoxServer 2X, not Pro or Basic.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”