The maximum client number

Post here all your questions related with SmartFoxServer .Net/Unity3D API

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

COB

The maximum client number

Postby COB » 12 Feb 2011, 09:25

I'm curious what will happen when the maximum number of clients is reached in SFS demo? It is hard for me to run my application 20 times. It's probably not the same message that occurs when room limit is reached because this message is displayed when you are in fact already connected to the server. I'm also curious how can I put and display some kind of custom message to the user.
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 12 Feb 2011, 13:37

Try to poke that question into the general forums - I'm unsure myself what the server says. E.g. if it simply refuses a login
COB

Postby COB » 12 Feb 2011, 20:24

Here:
viewtopic.php?t=2126&highlight=user+limit
is an information that limit concerns logged users, so I assume that in fact there can be more connected users (more than the licence limit). According to that I probably have to check this in OnLogin rather than in OnConnection. However, I will get error as a string from this event. Do I have to analyze this string to check if there is a problem with user limit and then display my own one? There is no better solutiuon? This event should keep some int value that will indicate what kind of problem occured.

Return to “.Net / Unity3D API”