Heading for 1.0 release of .NET - small change inbound

Post here all your questions related with SmartFoxServer .Net/Unity3D API

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ThomasLund

Heading for 1.0 release of .NET - small change inbound

Postby ThomasLund » 13 Dec 2008, 08:44

Hi ppl

With the latest round of fixing - special thanks to Andrey for extensive bug testing as well as posting the fix too - I am wrapping things up for a small xmas gift to all - the 1.0 release of the .NET API

There is a last minute change though that I want to make you aware of + one I am still pondering about.

The biggest change is that I have moved the SFSObject into the Data package instead of Util where it is today. This will break existing using statements - but is ultra easy to fix.

The one I am still thinking about is to rewrite how rooms are created. Today (taken from how the flash API works) you put specially named key.value pairs into a hashlist and feed that to the create method. A more OO/C# way would be to have a NewRoom object that you use instead - less error prone and nicer to use as a developer - dont have to look up in the documentation constantly.

I can add it now - breaking all the code you guys have today by removing the hashlist. Or I can add it later in e.g. version 1.1 as an additional way to create rooms and then removing the hashlist at some point in the future.

What do you think?

/T
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 15 Dec 2008, 19:36

OK - no replies, so I did _not_ change the room creation for version 1.0.

I will add this later - did not dare do it now without some more test time, and also wanted to get 1.0 out the door.

/T

Return to “.Net / Unity3D API”