Compact Framework Client version

Post here all your questions related with SmartFoxServer .Net/Unity3D API

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

cgay

Compact Framework Client version

Postby cgay » 25 May 2010, 19:14

Is there a NETCF 3.5 version of the SmartFoxClientAPI available. I tried retargeting the API to the standard 3.5 framework. I am trying to use the API on WinMO6.5 devices. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW I am getting:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in Unknown Module.

Additional information: The version of the assembly System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089 cannot be loaded by this version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework.
*** EDIT ***
Built a project targeting the CF using the sources folders. Turns out there a few things that just are not in the CF that you are using, mostly to utilize multi-threading. So I don't expect too much sorry.
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 26 May 2010, 05:43

Hey

Sorry - never tried using NETCF with the API. But if others have some knowledge or experience, then the sources are freely available.

In case you do get it running, poke me again with the changes and I'll see if they can get into the API or not

/Thomas
cgay

Postby cgay » 26 May 2010, 18:39

NP. Gonna have to re-write some of the synchro stuff and a couple of classes, but if you want I will contact you when/if I complete it.
cgay

Postby cgay » 02 Jun 2010, 14:55

Hey Thomas if I send an object/message with to "myself" does the client execute something similar to a loopback or does it actually go to the server and come back?

BTW I was able to compile under CF but the Load and Unload methods were commented out based on the fact that WebClient does not exist in the CF. You could either use the WebRequest/Response classes or rewrite the WebClient class your self. The only other issue I found was the Queue.Synchronized method, which I solved with a similar port of your SynchArrayList.

Return to “.Net / Unity3D API”