App can not connect to Game Server

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

dungdt

App can not connect to Game Server

Postby dungdt » 05 Dec 2016, 03:16

Hi Lapo

I'm using SFS 2.8.1 for my game, it's run ok for CCU ~ 2000. But recently it happened two times a new bug. SFS Server run normally (RAM and CPU ok) but game client only logined from web via websocket and play game normal while mobile app can not connect to game server. I counted number of connection to port 9933 ( mobile app port) is ~ 20000.

what was the cause of that phenomenon and how to resolve it ?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: App can not connect to Game Server

Postby Lapo » 05 Dec 2016, 08:58

Hi,
sorry I am not sure I understand the problem.

There's a client logged via websocket. OK. Then the same client is trying to login via mobile?
Can you give me a step by step description of the issue?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
dungdt

Postby dungdt » 06 Dec 2016, 02:05

Hi Lapo

Client login via web socket ok. But other mobile app client login via mobile app can not connect to SFS. I have counted number of connection to port 9933 by command netstat and there was many connection in CLOSE_WAIT state ( ~ 20.000 connection).
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 06 Dec 2016, 08:52

1) Can you report what error is thrown when a mobile client attempts to connect?
2) Does it happen for all mobile clients?
3) What platforms are these mobile clients? iOS? Android? Win phone? All of them?

I have counted number of connection to port 9933 by command netstat and there was many connection in CLOSE_WAIT state

CLOSE_WAIT doesn't indicate whether it's a mobile or desktop, so I don't think it's a good measure of the issue.

thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

dungdt

Postby dungdt » 07 Dec 2016, 10:14

1. While error occur I didn't debug client, because that is a running game, I could not let the service downtime too long.
2. It was happened for all mobile app client ( while all web client can login via web socket )
3. All platform ( all of mobile app could not connect to server )
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 Dec 2016, 10:56

1. While error occur I didn't debug client, because that is a running game, I could not let the service downtime too long.

You could log the details of the connection error on screen so that users can report it to you

Code: Select all

2. It was happened for all mobile app client ( while all web client can login via web socket )

All of them?
Sorry I don't understand. How do you know it's all of them?
So if this is the case none of your mobile users is currently able to connect. Is this accurate?

3. All platform ( all of mobile app could not connect to server )

You're saying "could not", in the past. So now they can connect?

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

dungdt

Postby dungdt » 09 Oct 2017, 04:43

You could log the details of the connection error on screen so that users can report it to you

I captured on port 9933 and I saw that the connect phase of TCP was normally ( client send SYNC-> server reply SYNC-ACK-> client reply ACK) but after that client send data message to server (PSH) but server didn't reply anything.

Code: Select all

All of them?
Sorry I don't understand. How do you know it's all of them?

Because when it happend, all of device of my company, my customer and my friend could not login in game ( in Wifi, Mobile data network ...) but in web client version ( using websocket) , user could login to server and play game normally.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 09 Oct 2017, 10:32

Hi,
this is almost 1 year old. Are you still using version 2.8.1? That's quite old, almost 5 years.
In any case it doesn't explain the problem, as we have no history of similar issues reported.

Is there a way in which you can reproduce the problem?
If not could you alert us when the problem is active so that we can try a few basic tests from remote?

You can send us a private message or email to support@... with the IP/port details of your server.

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”