Calculate memory for 2000 CCU

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

hoangdoanh

Calculate memory for 2000 CCU

Postby hoangdoanh » 23 Dec 2016, 07:55

Hi Lapo

I have known memory used of whole SmartFoxServer application for 50 CCU users. What is fastest way to calculate it for the case of 2000 CCU ?
Most part of application memory used to store users variables I think.

Kind regards,
Doanh
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Calculate memory for 2000 CCU

Postby Lapo » 23 Dec 2016, 10:26

Hi,
it is difficult to say, as it depends on what data will be attached to each User, how many Room will these users create/use, how many Room Variables etc...

In most common cases 512MB are more than enough to keep up with thousands of Users and Rooms. This in turn means that 1GB of RAM is enough to run the OS, and SFS2X with plenty of room to scale. If you also plan to run other services on the machine (such as web servers, databases etc...) the memory requirement will need to be adjusted.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
hoangdoanh

Re: Calculate memory for 2000 CCU

Postby hoangdoanh » 28 Dec 2016, 14:34

Thanks Lapo !

That is right, it is always difficult to calculate resources(cpu/ram) used in scale of system.
This application server used for running SmartFoxServer and mongodb, so it need more memory. I see that usual 500Mb for 1000 is good optimized number.
I gonna calculate consumed memory of each user by detail,

Cheers,
Doanh

Return to “SFS2X Questions”