PROXIMITY_LIST_UPDATE Issue

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

LuffyGray

PROXIMITY_LIST_UPDATE Issue

Postby LuffyGray » 10 Feb 2017, 14:28

Unity 5.5.1f1, C#, Win 10 x64.

I'm having an issue with trying to get the proximity even to fire, It will fire on join when there is another player there then it will stop and will not fire again until another player joins.

I've got the AOI set to 5.0, 5.0, 5.0 and the players can see each other from across a huge map still despite updating the server with the player location on every frame.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: PROXIMITY_LIST_UPDATE Issue

Postby Lapo » 10 Feb 2017, 15:46

ProxymityList events fire when there's a change in your AOI. If there's nothing new to report, they won't fire.

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
LuffyGray

Postby LuffyGray » 10 Feb 2017, 15:49

Lapo wrote:ProxymityList events fire when there's a change in your AOI. If there's nothing new to report, they won't fire.

cheers

Would a consistent update to another players positioning which is obviously outside of an area of 5,5,5 be justification for an update because it seems to not be firing?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 Feb 2017, 18:01

I don't understand your question, sorry.

Your player will receive an update if any user (or MMOItem) updates its position or variables within the player's AOI. Anything happening outside the AOI is not notified.

Can you clarify what you're doing, possibly step by step?

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

LuffyGray

Postby LuffyGray » 10 Feb 2017, 23:00

Lapo wrote:I don't understand your question, sorry.

Your player will receive an update if any user (or MMOItem) updates its position or variables within the player's AOI. Anything happening outside the AOI is not notified.

Can you clarify what you're doing, possibly step by step?

Thanks

I've sent you a link to a project which could quickly remedy any confusion on boths sides, if you get a moment and do not mind would you look at it?

Thank you
LuffyGray

Postby LuffyGray » 12 Feb 2017, 07:46

I still haven't managed to work out why it isn't working but I have come across this which I hope will answer my issue somehow.

Room setup as game

Code to check room data

Output, client recieves room as not being a game?

*Edit: It seems to be the same for the AOI data, returning null
*Edit #2: I was informed previously by one of the staff members that the extension was simply for NPC spawning but it seems it was needed to process the player variables to update players within anothers AOI
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Feb 2017, 14:04

1) The code you have posted is cycling through the list of Rooms joined by the user. Not the list of Rooms available in the Zone.
Maybe this is clear but I wanted to point it out anyways,

2) I don't understand the output in the Unity console? How is it possible that the list of joined Rooms contains 5 instances of the same Room?

*Edit: It seems to be the same for the AOI data, returning null

Is this actually an MMORoom?
From the screenshot it's not possible to tell.

*Edit #2: I was informed previously by one of the staff members that the extension was simply for NPC spawning but it seems it was needed to process the player variables to update players within anothers AOI

Yes, this is correct.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”