OnRoomAdded not called

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

khokhani1510

OnRoomAdded not called

Postby khokhani1510 » 14 Feb 2017, 05:05

Hello,

After trying all the possibilities i am here to post the problem i am facing,

Tools Using:

Unity3d 5.4.0
Netbeans IDE 8.2
SmartFoxServer2X

Requirement:

I want to create roomgroups dynamically from the backend java api and client to join that group while creating room.

Problem:

I am creating roomgroup dynamically using createPublicGroups on server side, In server trace i am getting these roomgroups created.
Then at the time of creating room from client side i am using that roomgroup to join (using roomsettings.groupid) . Room is created successfully but OnRoomAdded not called at client side.
Also when i am listing all roomgorups at client side it is only showing default room group. I didn't get why roomgroups are not updated at client side.

If i am setting all roomgroup in adminpanel's public roomgroup then i am getting OnRoomAadded method call.

Is their something missing while creating roomgroups dynamically at server side and joining at client side?

I have tried using onsubcribegroup on client side also. In this case user subscribing to roomgroup (got roomgroupsubscribe event) but when i am checking group users in zone extension then i am not getting any user subscribed to that roomgroup?

Didn't found any relevant post related to this problem.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: OnRoomAdded not called

Postby Lapo » 14 Feb 2017, 08:30

Hi,
this has been discussed several times.

I am creating roomgroup dynamically using createPublicGroups on server side, In server trace i am getting these roomgroups created.

I am not sure createPublicGroups exists at all, what are you referring to?

Generally speaking groups should be defined statically, if you want to work with Room groups dynamically you will need to manage them yourself via server side code.

You have two collections at Zone Level:

Public Groups a list of groups that can be subscribed from client side.
Default Groups a list of public groups that any user will auto-subscribe as soon as they login in the Zone.

Users will only receive Room events (such as ROOM_ADD) for groups they have subscribed to, so make sure the groups you want to subscribe are both public and subscribed by the user.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”