Minor MMO Room issue.

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

meanvel

Minor MMO Room issue.

Postby meanvel » 09 Mar 2017, 11:41

Limbo disconnect timeout is not occurring when you change MMO Rooms.

I set all my rooms to this to verify... Changed rooms, didn't declare position... Nothing is visible. Waited for a while. Then, switched back...
<userMaxLimboSeconds>4</userMaxLimboSeconds>

Update: Actually, after monitoring the room with the admin tool, it seems like no event is being passed back to the client. Is it not one of these events?
SFSEvent.USER_EXIT_ROOM or SFSEvent.CONNECTION_LOST

Kicked myself from the Admin tool, Kick is being received properly by the client... Limbo timeout isn't kicking.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Minor MMO Room issue.

Postby Lapo » 10 Mar 2017, 08:42

Thanks for reporting. I've added to our bug DB.
We'll try to reproduce it and include the fix in the next update.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
meanvel

Postby meanvel » 10 Mar 2017, 13:29

Another minor issue... Whenever I edit my zone file through the Admin tool, it corrupts it and the zone fails to load properly next reboot.
So, I stopped using the admin tool to change any settings.

I can send you my zone file so you can check what gives. Once you guys are done with 2.13 you should have the time for small bugs again.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 Mar 2017, 14:18

We're not aware of any such issues.
Can you explain the details and how to reproduce this?
Keep in mind that if you start editing the xml manually it's likely that you will break the AdminTool, so we don't recommend it. Most issues with the AdminTool stem from manual editing.

In any case, let us know the details.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

meanvel

Postby meanvel » 11 Mar 2017, 04:20

Lapo wrote:We're not aware of any such issues.
Can you explain the details and how to reproduce this?
Keep in mind that if you start editing the xml manually it's likely that you will break the AdminTool, so we don't recommend it. Most issues with the AdminTool stem from manual editing.

In any case, let us know the details.

Yep, manually editing the xml. However, XML is such a simple language I find it rather odd it would break the admin tool... Oh well, ill just stick to manual editing only.

So, I go into the admin tool, just switch anything in the Zone Configurator for the zone, and viola...

Code: Select all

Exception: com.smartfoxserver.v2.exceptions.SFSException
Message: Extension creation failure: Go*****nd - Extension file parameter is missing!
Description: There were startup errors during the Zone Setup
Please connect via the AdminTool and correct the problem
+--- --- ---+
Stack Trace:
+--- --- ---+

I don't see any missing file parameters... *Shrug.*

Update: Well, this doesn't matter to me anymore. Switched all my room creation to Java.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 05 Apr 2017, 10:12

meanvel wrote:Limbo disconnect timeout is not occurring when you change MMO Rooms.

I set all my rooms to this to verify... Changed rooms, didn't declare position... Nothing is visible. Waited for a while. Then, switched back...
<userMaxLimboSeconds>4</userMaxLimboSeconds>

Update: Actually, after monitoring the room with the admin tool, it seems like no event is being passed back to the client. Is it not one of these events?
SFSEvent.USER_EXIT_ROOM or SFSEvent.CONNECTION_LOST

Kicked myself from the Admin tool, Kick is being received properly by the client... Limbo timeout isn't kicking.

This is actually expected.
MMORooms by default have the USER_EXIT and USER_ENTER events disabled. This is because the room doesn't need/rely on those events to get updates on the client side. Instead updates are based on the player's AOI via the ProximityUpdate events.

When the "limo timeout" expires the user is indeed kicked out but from his side no event is ever received. This should be of no problem however as the "limbo timeout" is essentially an anti-cheat measure to avoid users entering an MMORoom but remaining invisible by not sending their position.

hope it helps
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”