About the server!

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Sami_Jinzo

About the server!

Postby Sami_Jinzo » 12 Apr 2017, 07:38

Hello all, glad to be a part of this community. I almost finished re-coding a Multiplayer Online Card Game which can be runned from the PC's adobe flash launcher, but I still couldn't find the proper way to connect my game into SmartFoxServer since I want it to be launched on the PC itself not on a website. My game contains: Cards (.scf extensions) and decks (thats can be loaded) with other extensions like "shuffle, edit deck , etc.." and those can ony be loaded when I connect my game into a server. I aslo want to know how users will register in the game and those etc stuffs..
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: About the server!

Postby Lapo » 12 Apr 2017, 07:52

Hi,
what you've described is a game that requires every player to have a server running locally on their computer.
Are you sure you want to do this?

The problem I see is that you're loading every player with the burden of running their own server which in turn is going to make things more complicated as they need to deal with firewall setups etc...

A much easier approach would be to have a centralized server so that clients can automatically connect there. This way players don't have to deal with the setup etc...

I can understand that you may also want a way for players to be able to run their own private games from their computers, in which case they need to run the server but still... what about those who can't / don't want to do that?

I aslo want to know how users will register in the game and those etc stuffs..

Registering makes sense only if you have a central server with a database for storing accounts...

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
meanvel

Re: About the server!

Postby meanvel » 12 Apr 2017, 08:31

What he needs to do is to publish Flash to Adobe Air... Easiest way to make a slick looking desktop game client. I assume that is what he wants.

Flash doesn't allow you to use socket connections without messing with the flash player configuration, and users are not going to do that... Actually, maybe the projector .exe does.

Sami, for user registration, you will have to put in a login/registration dialog. Or just have a login dialog in the client and registration on your website.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”