Interaction between 2 different clients.

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Sbn

Interaction between 2 different clients.

Postby Sbn » 20 Apr 2017, 02:05

I have a c#/unity client that isn't using websockets and another client written in html5/js which uses websockets. They both hit the same back-end and both have mirroring implementations on the front-end. I noticed that sometimes they can join the same room and talk with eachother, and other times the second client fails to join the same room as the first client.

Is this a bug, were these two clients never designed to talk to each other, or am I just doing something wrong?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Interaction between 2 different clients.

Postby Lapo » 20 Apr 2017, 07:54

Sure,
different clients can talk to each other, play against one another etc...

It's not very clear what issues you've encountered when the join failed. Is it possible the Room was full?
When a join fails you should get a specific error back if you handle the ROOM_JOIN_ERROR event. Also you will find an error logged on the server side.

Let us know
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Sbn

Re: Interaction between 2 different clients.

Postby Sbn » 20 Apr 2017, 09:15

It ended up being a combination of problems within the extensions. There was some poorly placed code by someone x_X in our scene load process; which ended up confusing me why everything was taking so long to hit. Ultimately, the unity client was crashing because it was trying to load an avatar for the 2D client ( websocket client ).

After fixing those issues it was way easier to test, and everything is working fine between the two.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”