'mut or 'lut commands?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

oharra

'mut or 'lut commands?

Postby oharra » 12 May 2017, 00:28

Hello, I'm new here, I tried to register quite some time ago but I the registration failed somehow back then...

I play a multiplayer tetris game and the chat with it is Smartfoxserver, now there is a weird command or string you can type which changes the colors of your username, 2 paramters that do this: 'mut and 'lut. Now I was wondering what other commands like this could exist, and what their origin is because I can't find anything about these parameters... I like to test some stuff in the chatbox so I'd like to have some more information on this :)

Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: 'mut or 'lut commands?

Postby Lapo » 12 May 2017, 07:24

Hi,
these "commands" have been implemented by the developers of the chat you have mentioned. They don't exist out of the box in the SmartFoxServer API.

You can define your own custom commands and decide which behavior they have.
If you're new to SmartFoxServer I highly recommend to download the Example pack for your client technology from here:
http://smartfoxserver.com/download/sfs2x#p=examples
Here you'll find simple tutorials starting from the very basics and getting more complex at each step.

You can find the relative tutorials here:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
oharra

Postby oharra » 12 May 2017, 17:23

Thanks, I was already wondering where my topic was gone but glad I found it back ;)

I'd like to know one thing though, how could I know what other commands have been set for that particular smartfox chat? Since the developpers there probably won't tell me... I've been trying to find more about it, or similar command strings I could use, but with no success...
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 May 2017, 08:37

Sorry, I don't think I can help you.
This has not much to do with SmartFoxServer support. If they don't tell you the commands, there's probably a good reason.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”