Cannot see other clients within MMo Room

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

barant2003

Cannot see other clients within MMo Room

Postby barant2003 » 12 Jun 2017, 23:10

Hey Guys,

I am fairly new to the Smartfox Server, I can cannot to the rooms and see others in the room using the admin tool. I am using the game manager that came with the MMO Demo, I read in the posts that it is for local servers only? I am running my server on linux. I have read the MMo Demo multiple times used different technique also. Also using the extensions within the server, How can I see other players? I am sending the user positions to the extension and the user variables are updating, but I also seem to not have the proximity list firing. Any help is appreciated thank you.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Cannot see other clients within MMo Room

Postby Lapo » 13 Jun 2017, 07:20

Hi,
your question is not very clear to be honest. I take it you have started working with the Unity MMO Demo, modified it and now it's not working anymore.

I would still recommend to learn the basics, even if you said you have already checked the tutorial. MMO Rooms are pretty easy to use once you get the basics. Here's an introduction:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Advanc ... /mmo-rooms
This will guide you through all you need to know about MMORooms in SmartFoxServer.

I read in the posts that it is for local servers only? I am running my server on linux.

No, the demo will run everywhere.
How can I see other players? I am sending the user positions to the extension and the user variables are updating, but I also seem to not have the proximity list firing.

Stick with the original demo, make sure you understand how it works before making changes.
Make one change at a time. If that doesn't work let us know specifically what is not working.

thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
barant2003

Postby barant2003 » 13 Jun 2017, 14:34

Thanks Lapo appreciate the words. I have worked with the MMO Demo and disabled the GameUi and added a single material to get the User Variable firing, I can connect to the server and also I can see the guest name tag on my character. I Just can't see others in there seems to me when I run 2 instances of unity the .exe I get this flickering I have tried connecting from another computer and no go. I will continue reading up on the MMO Demo and get back to you.
barant2003

Postby barant2003 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:45

Oki Lapo,

When I use the Demo, I am using the Simple.py to create the MMO Room, on my server I us the MMOExtensionDemo.jar inside my project.

The Proximity List is not firing, but as I have read on here I am sending the users position to the server in the OnJoin method inside my connection script. Everything starts and I get no errors at all. Thanks.
barant2003

Postby barant2003 » 13 Jun 2017, 21:21

I figured it out Lapo, I had to play with the AoI some.
neoneper

Postby neoneper » 07 Aug 2017, 22:48

barant2003 wrote:I figured it out Lapo, I had to play with the AoI some.

Hi guy. I has the same problem. How did you solved this problem? :?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 08 Aug 2017, 07:50

neoneper wrote:
barant2003 wrote:I figured it out Lapo, I had to play with the AoI some.

Hi guy. I has the same problem. How did you solved this problem? :?

Please describe your problem in details. No two problems are exactly the same.

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

neoneper

Postby neoneper » 08 Aug 2017, 14:25

In the MMO demo for Unity, it is not possible to see other players, even if they are all in the same place. It is also not possible to see NPCs. I see in the source of the extension being generated NPCS in the world, however as soon as it is not being possible to see the players are also not being able to see the npcs. I read in entire documentation available on website but I can not detect where the problem is, however I strongly suspect that problem be related to wrong values ​​in the AOI.

I see through the smartfox admin panel that players are joining in my room. I can also see your variables by being changed as the player moves in the world. However, the players are not see both.

PS: I am testing the latest available font on website. I did not make any changes! But now I've been trying to fix the problem!
neoneper

Postby neoneper » 08 Aug 2017, 14:39

neoneper wrote:In the MMO demo for Unity, it is not possible to see other players, even if they are all in the same place. It is also not possible to see NPCs. I see in the source of the extension being generated NPCS in the world, however as soon as it is not being possible to see the players are also not being able to see the npcs. I read in entire documentation available on website but I can not detect where the problem is, however I strongly suspect that problem be related to wrong values ​​in the AOI.

I see through the smartfox admin panel that players are joining in my room. I can also see your variables by being changed as the player moves in the world. However, the players are not see both.

PS: I am testing the latest available font on website. I did not make any changes! But now I've been trying to fix the problem!

Ok: I identified the reason for my problem!
I did see on the log viwer that my extension was not being loaded.
I just put it with the folder name referenced in my Unity in SFS2X \ extensions. Now everything works normally.

Total carelessness of mine! I apologize for this inconvenience. :D
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 08 Aug 2017, 14:44

Okay, no problem :)
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”