SFS2X closes almost immediately after starting

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

starkrights

SFS2X closes almost immediately after starting

Postby starkrights » 19 Jun 2017, 07:17

The title says it all. I don't know much about SFS2X, but I know something is wrong. I have been following tutorials to launch the server, but I am having an issue for some reason. I have parsed the web for hours with minimal leads and no results. Any and all help is appreciated, and what I believe is the correct log file is included, Cheers, stark.

https://pastebin.com/KUeyyA3h

If you need any more information, logs, screenshots or video caps, I can provide them, I would really like to get this server up and running as soon as I can.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SFS2X closes almost immediately after starting

Postby Lapo » 19 Jun 2017, 07:24

Hi,
SFS2X comes with an internal web-server that uses ports 8080 (HTTP) and 8443 (HTTPS)

It looks like you have another webserver running in your system and using one of those ports. Since network services can't use the same ports the error occurs.

If you can't change the ports of your webserver you can change those used by SFS2X.
Under SFS2X/lib/jetty/start.d/ you find two files called http.ini and ssl.ini. You can change the port numbers there and you should be fine.

Let us know
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
starkrights

Postby starkrights » 19 Jun 2017, 07:32

Can I change them to any ports I please, or are there any parameters I need to choose from? Sorry if I seem a bit new, as I am =P
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 19 Jun 2017, 08:16

Valid port numbers are typically between 1025 and 65535.
You just need to make sure they don't clash with other services running in the system.

My suggestion is to simply add one (+1) to the current values used in SFS2X.
In other words:
HTTP = 8080, becomes 8081
HTTPS = 8443, becomes 8444

Hope it helps
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”