Enterprise Questions

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

maconbot

Enterprise Questions

Postby maconbot » 06 Jul 2017, 07:31

Not that my humble game is anywhere near enterprise ready. Why not plan ahead :-)
Few questions...

Are there any source code versions available of SFS?

SFS seems to be a few steps away from being able to control cloud connected devices. Are there any plans to expand into this arena? Like have SFS water my lawn when a sensor gets too dry etc?

I have seen some instances of SFS show up on SteamCMD instructions. I wanted to make sure this is the official way to allow a game community to run their own servers. Something like this.... http://outofreach.gamepedia.com/Dedicat ... stallation
It seems they have bundled some part of SFS in with their game?

Code: Select all

<install_dir>/SFS2X/sfs2x-service start

I believe at some point I saw that SFS can let a PC player play with a phone player etc. I just wanted to double check that this is true. SFS is not tied to platform? Any device can play with any type of device? Using Unity in this scenario if that helps.

We have recently started talking with Jelastic about being a Jelastic host in our own data center. It is handy, and opens a lot of doors for us, that you come with some Jelastic installs, do you come with all Jelastic set ups or do we need to contact you separately to get something like this going? If so do you have requirements that need to be met that are higher than Jelastics own requirements? This idea is connected to the cloud connected devices questions above btw. Thinking write tutorials on how to use SFS to control a smart home sort of thing.

6. If we did not end up going with Jelastic, are you open to this type of thing with other hosting solutions? Cross promoting of sorts with a focus on getting the user to the end goal as quick as possible without a bunch of steps, setup and agreements.

Thanks for your time.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Enterprise Questions

Postby Lapo » 06 Jul 2017, 10:24

Hello,
Are there any source code versions available of SFS?

No. It's a closed source project. Though you can extend it to any direction, add your own code and integrate it with other technologies using Extensions. Pretty much similar to the concept of a "servlet" for web development if you're familiar with the concept.

Extensions can be developed in Java or Javascript:
Java --> http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Extens ... uick-start
JS --> http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Extens ... uick-start

SFS seems to be a few steps away from being able to control cloud connected devices. Are there any plans to expand into this arena? Like have SFS water my lawn when a sensor gets too dry etc?

:D
I think it can already be done. You just need to interface with your device's API.
If you want to explore more details of a specific use case, let me know.

I have seen some instances of SFS show up on SteamCMD instructions. I wanted to make sure this is the official way to allow a game community to run their own servers. Something like this.... http://outofreach.gamepedia.com/Dedicat ... stallation

Sorry, I am not familiar with SteamCMD.
As regards bundling SFS2X, it's not a very common use case for us, but we had a few requests.
Generally speaking the Community Edition can be bundled with the same caveat for online use: that you should add "Powered by SmartFoxServer" logo to the game's opening screen.

If you prefer to avoid showing the "Powered by" logo we can provide a commercial license for redistribution tied to the specific project at a reasonable price.

I believe at some point I saw that SFS can let a PC player play with a phone player etc. I just wanted to double check that this is true. SFS is not tied to platform? Any device can play with any type of device? Using Unity in this scenario if that helps.

This is correct. SFS2X supports all major platforms and there're no limitations in terms of platform interaction. So you could have a Raspberry Pi, an iPhone, a PS4 and a PC client all playing together.

We have recently started talking with Jelastic about being a Jelastic host in our own data center. It is handy, and opens a lot of doors for us, that you come with some Jelastic installs, do you come with all Jelastic set ups or do we need to contact you separately to get something like this going?

No, it's essentially a one-click install. You can try it yourself (for free) by starting from our "Cloud" section of the website:
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/cloud

Thinking write tutorials on how to use SFS to control a smart home sort of thing.

Could be interesting :)

6. If we did not end up going with Jelastic, are you open to this type of thing with other hosting solutions? Cross promoting of sorts with a focus on getting the user to the end goal as quick as possible without a bunch of steps, setup and agreements.

Sure, we have already done it with multiple cloud providers.
If you choose a different direction let us know.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
maconbot

Postby maconbot » 06 Jul 2017, 15:07

Lapo wrote:Hello,

Sorry, I am not familiar with SteamCMD.
As regards bundling SFS2X, it's not a very common use case for us, but we had a few requests.
Generally speaking the Community Edition can be bundled with the same caveat for online use: that you should add "Powered by SmartFoxServer" logo to the game's opening screen.

If you prefer to avoid showing the "Powered by" logo we can provide a commercial license for redistribution tied to the specific project at a reasonable price.

Are you able to PM us that price? Or what further details do you need before you can provide the redistribution price.

Thanks.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 06 Jul 2017, 15:33

We can discuss it via email.
Drop us an email at sales@... with a reference to this thread.

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

maconbot

Postby maconbot » 07 Jul 2017, 01:42

sent, I signed up to the forum from an old email address, so you might need to check spam filter though it should be fine, subject:
Fw: Topic reply notification - "Enterprise Questions"
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 Jul 2017, 08:25

Thanks, my colleague will get back to you asap.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”