Is editing the web files allowed?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

EnderNator10

Is editing the web files allowed?

Postby EnderNator10 » 08 Jan 2018, 13:52

i basicley wana make it so if thay connect to the port(thay can find it using tools like nmap(not mend for hacking but can be used for it)) there redirected :arrow: to a url on my site banning there IP instead of seeing a link to the admin panel :!: cause then thay may beeing able to take over the admin panel :twisted:(exploits are always there) and i may edit the admin panel :mrgreen: a bit if posible without flash decompilation
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Is editing the web files allowed?

Postby Lapo » 08 Jan 2018, 14:43

Hi,
I am sorry, I don't understand your questions. Maybe you can rephrase them...

If someone opens a connection to the server port, they can't be redirected to another URL for the simple fact that a "redirect" is actually a feature of the HTTP protocol, but SmartFoxServer doesn't speak HTTP, it uses it's own protocol.

Also, I am not sure what is the problem with the AdminTool.
If you're worried that some user could access your AdminTool remotely, keep in mind that the Admin access is protected by login and password, so as long as you configure a strong password nobody will be able to access it.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”