concept of concurrent users

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

payam_sbr

concept of concurrent users

Postby payam_sbr » 13 Feb 2018, 23:35

hey, i'm confused a bit.
i saw some where that CCU can be extended by running smartfoxserver 2x on multiple machines, and reaching its 100 CCU limits even without paying more. is it true or this 100 concurrent limit is over all.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: concept of concurrent users

Postby Lapo » 14 Feb 2018, 08:22

Hi,
the 100 CCU limit is present in the Community Edition which comes for free. For a production environment you can buy a commercial license which allows you to run higher number of CCUs. The physical limit is only dictated by how big your servers are. We have tested a single SFS instance with over 100K CCU and we ended up saturating the whole 10Gbit network :D

Back to your question, you can use multiple Community Edition if you can't (or don't want to) buy a commercial license.
Of course managing multiple servers capped at 100 can get a bit clumsy but there scenarios where it can work just fine. Keep in mind that the free edition requires you to show a "Powered by SmartFoxServer" logo in your game/app's opening screen.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
payam_sbr

Re: concept of concurrent users

Postby payam_sbr » 14 Feb 2018, 22:14

I just Surprised by this perfect response:)
Thank you alot dear admin.
This is more friendly to increase CCUs through license, thank you again.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”