Flash being phased out by 2020.

Post here your questions about the Flash / Flex / Air API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ninjaoninja2

Flash being phased out by 2020.

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 31 Jul 2017, 21:06

Hello all,
I was wondering as Adobe has announced they will be completely phasing out support for Adobe Flash by 2020, what will be 2X's main platform after that. And will it change your approach on things?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Flash being phased out by 2020.

Postby Lapo » 01 Aug 2017, 07:26

Hi,
it won't change much for us. Surely there are platforms that are more popular than others, e.g. Unity, but I don't see Flash retirement as changing our approach overall.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
moccha

Postby moccha » 07 Aug 2018, 20:08

Also keep in mind that it appears they are still supporting Adobe AIR, so the use of AS3 will still be practical. I have a couple of large projects that use Adobe AIR, and it's something I plan to continue support for even after Flash is retired..
maslas

Postby maslas » 25 Nov 2019, 08:13

Hi there,
I am sorry that I return on this old thread but I do have two questions regarding the flash end of life matter.

a. is there any possibility that you will migrate the admin panel into an html5 interface to support the new web browsers?
If not. Are you open to discuss the possibility of a collaboration into this matter?

c. I know that you give the admin panel as an external application on windows and mac but not on linux. Since most of my studio is Linux based is there any possibility that you will create an external app for linux?
if not. I know that this external applications are compiled by Adobe AIR which is not supported anymore. Any ideas on how else I could access the admin panel from a linux platform?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 25 Nov 2019, 08:50

Hello
maslas wrote:Hi there,
I am sorry that I return on this old thread but I do have two questions regarding the flash end of life matter.

No problem :)

a. is there any possibility that you will migrate the admin panel into an html5 interface to support the new web browsers?

Yes, we're working an HTML5 version of the AdminTool.
The beta of the new tool will be released with the incoming new update, SFS2X 2.14

c. I know that you give the admin panel as an external application on windows and mac but not on linux. Since most of my studio is Linux based is there any possibility that you will create an external app for linux?
if not. I know that this external applications are compiled by Adobe AIR which is not supported anymore. Any ideas on how else I could access the admin panel from a linux platform?

Adobe AIR doesn't support Linux, but WINE should be able to run it.

Hope it helps
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
maslas

Postby maslas » 26 Nov 2019, 04:36

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work :D

Return to “SFS2X ActionScript 3 API”