Server-side AS3

Post here your suggestions for new possible features in SmartFoxServer.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

FlashPepper

Server-side AS3

Postby FlashPepper » 17 Jul 2010, 02:09

There are thousands of AS3 programmers begging to be able to program server-side in the language they use every day.

I used to program in C#, java, AS1 and php. Now I program almost exclusively in AS3. All my best snippets, examples, tutorials and custom code are in AS3.

I want to be able to use the same language to create my game and to program the server.

If SmartFoxServer offered server-side AS3 they would be the only providers of such a service.

Please untie my hands and let me start creating multiplayer worlds with the tool I know how to use best.
mixart

Postby mixart » 20 Oct 2010, 06:50

This has been asked for several times and the answer is no (some technical reasons I think). Also, SFS2 will only support java on the server-side (not even AS2 or AS1).

This may be a great move for advanced developers of smartfox and has performance benefits that will greatly benefit advanced apps but personally I think this will introduce a larger learning curve and barrier for AS developers who want to learn smartfox - but that's another topic for discussion ;)

Return to “Features Wish List”