Inventory!

Post here your suggestions for new possible features in SmartFoxServer.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Aiidenb

Inventory!

Postby Aiidenb » 16 Jan 2011, 12:42

I really think Smartfoxserver Pro should have like a built in inventory.. Because I think that's what everyone is stuck on! Tit will be really useful aswell. Thanks, :)
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 16 Jan 2011, 21:50

This feature is likely to never get implemented, because there's no prefect inventory system that will be suitable for everyone as every game has a different inventory system.

You will need to design your own inventory system - starting with database.
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.
Aiidenb

Postby Aiidenb » 19 Jan 2011, 20:44

BigFIsh wrote:This feature is likely to never get implemented, because there's no prefect inventory system that will be suitable for everyone as every game has a different inventory system.

You will need to design your own inventory system - starting with database.

Thanks for the relpy, but im really stuck on doing this, Is there any links you could give me too get started? Thanks :)
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 19 Jan 2011, 21:17

tip. Google is your best friend, but it doesnt have answer for everything. This means that you wont find a complete How to make a MMO tutorial. First because it isnt easy to do and second programmers have their own scripts, that dont like to share for free. The max you can find are books that explain the theory behind a MMO. the code you will need to do by your own, of course you will need to use some tutorials to know the capabilities of flash. You can use adobe.s as docs (that are like sfs ones) that have all the methods of flash. Finally you.ll need to know math very well, because a game is made of variables. This is basically what you need for programming
Skills: SFS Pro, SFS2X, AS2.0/AS3.0, Java, HTML5/CSS3/JS, C#
Portfolio: https://rjgtav.wordpress.com/
SFS Tutorials: http://sfs-tutor.blogspot.com/ - Discontinued. Some examples may be bugged.
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 19 Jan 2011, 21:17

Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.

Return to “Features Wish List”