SFS plugin for Unity wont compile [Android]

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

genar

SFS plugin for Unity wont compile [Android]

Postby genar » 18 Oct 2017, 18:58

Hey there !

Yesterday i implemented the SmartFoxServer unity plugin. It works fine till i try to compile my unity project to an android apk.
Somehow it freezes at "packing resources.assets". Any ideas ? Or isnt is possible to use SFS unity for android applications ?

Without the plugin it works.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SFS plugin for Unity wont compile [Android]

Postby Lapo » 19 Oct 2017, 07:38

Hi,
you should have no issues at compiling for Android, every platform is supported.

Also, are you sure it's the SFS2X plugin the cause of the problem? Do you have any Unity logs showing errors and such?
I suspect it might be an issue with Unity more than anything else.

Finally, keep in mind that if your project uses a lot of assets the build for mobile can take a significant amount of time. Isn't it possible that you just need to wait for the process to complete?

Let us know
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
genar

Re: SFS plugin for Unity wont compile [Android]

Postby genar » 19 Oct 2017, 13:51

Lapo wrote:Hi,
you should have no issues at compiling for Android, every platform is supported.

Also, are you sure it's the SFS2X plugin the cause of the problem? Do you have any Unity logs showing errors and such?
I suspect it might be an issue with Unity more than anything else.

Finally, keep in mind that if your project uses a lot of assets the build for mobile can take a significant amount of time. Isn't it possible that you just need to wait for the process to complete?

Let us know

Hmmm it seems to be gone now... i restarted once my pc and it all worked fine, but it took about 20 minutes to compile, and i only got sfs installed and about 10 png's... So its fixed now, thanks :)

Return to “SFS2X C# API”