Admin Tool for Tablets and Mobiles.

Post here your suggestions for new possible features in SmartFoxServer 2X.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

pablo monterde

Admin Tool for Tablets and Mobiles.

Postby pablo monterde » 16 Dec 2015, 09:38

Hi.

Nowadays, I believe that it is important an Admin Tool for mobiles and tablets. At least for Android and Ios.
A solution could be migrate Admin Tool from Flash to Html5.

Thanks.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Admin Tool for Tablets and Mobiles.

Postby Lapo » 21 Dec 2015, 10:01

Sure, it makes sense, although smart phones would be pretty tricky to support given the complexity of the current AdminTool.
We'd like to support tablets, and actually if you have an Android based tablet you can run the tool using a browser that supports Flash.

HTML5 is still not mature enough for this task.
To be clear, I am not saying that we've done in Flash can't be ported over HTML5. It can be done but the tools, language and overall ecosystem is still in its infancy and lacking in many ways... For the time being it would be safer to work towards a native app than HTML5 :(

We'll run some tests with Air and see if we can export the AdminTool as a native app for tablets,

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
pablo monterde

Postby pablo monterde » 07 Jan 2016, 14:12

A native app is a good solution, I proposed HTML5 as an idea to keep web compatibility.
I think, the key is to be able to manage main admin functions, as reboot server, basic monitoring and so on.
Many times issues happens when developers are not at office, so it could be great to manage it and get basic info every where.
An Air app could be a good point. :D
coolboy714cp

Postby coolboy714cp » 01 Mar 2016, 10:38

I will work on an HTML5 version of the AdminTool soon. It will be specifically designed for mobile devices. It may not have all the features considering the AdminTool has special functions in the SFS API that are undocumented. If Lapo could send me a small document of a couple of the functions, I would be able to add more than what I already plan, but I might be able to find some workarounds if he can't do that.
Alibrahim

Postby Alibrahim » 27 Jun 2016, 10:46

Linux Remote Administration on Android and iOS is good well i appreciate against windows OS

Return to “2X Features Wish List”