Unity2D examples + API.

Post here your suggestions for new possible features in SmartFoxServer 2X.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ninjaoninja2

Unity2D examples + API.

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 12 Jun 2017, 19:18

Hey,
I'd like to see alongside the Unity3D some Unity2D examples and API, I think it would lalow Flash 2D dev's to migrate easier to Unity, it's something that I think certainly could be looked into.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Unity2D examples + API.

Postby Lapo » 13 Jun 2017, 14:33

Hi,
interesting idea. We'll think about it.
Actually the SpaceWar demo is a Unity 2D example:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/ExamplesUnity/spacewar

In terms of API, nothing changes. The SFS2X API to use is the same, and basically all concepts you have learned in Unity 3D will apply in 2D as well. Of course from a Unity development aspect you will use an ortographic camera and deal with Sprites rather than meshes, but that's probably best learnt via Unity tutorials.

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Ninjaoninja2

Re: Unity2D examples + API.

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 15 Jun 2017, 14:24

Lapo wrote:Hi,
interesting idea. We'll think about it.
Actually the SpaceWar demo is a Unity 2D example:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/ExamplesUnity/spacewar

In terms of API, nothing changes. The SFS2X API to use is the same, and basically all concepts you have learned in Unity 3D will apply in 2D as well. Of course from a Unity development aspect you will use an ortographic camera and deal with Sprites rather than meshes, but that's probably best learnt via Unity tutorials.

cheers

Good point, I'm assuming you could take some of those examples and just adapt it using those systems (Orthographic Camera, Sprites, and etc.) and the graphics would use the x and y coordinates, not x, y and z correct? In any case though, it would be nice as Flash is becoming an uncommon product and Unity2D could have many nice features in the future for dev's looking to create an MMO Virtual World in Unity. So some Unity2D examples and documentation would be cool in my opinion!

Thanks, Zach.

Return to “2X Features Wish List”