Microsoft Edge / IE11 connection problems

Post here your questions about the HTML5 / JavaScript for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ketsuban

Microsoft Edge / IE11 connection problems

Postby Ketsuban » 30 Nov 2016, 10:50

Greetings fellow SmartFoxServer users,

I work as a HTML5 game developer but I seem to have a pretty annoying problem.

I'm creating a game, and need it to be fully compatible with all browsers. My game can connect to the SmartFoxServer on all browsers except Edge and IE11, on those browsers it throws the error "SCRIPT12007: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12007, The server name or address could not be resolved."

The version of the SmartFoxServer is 2.10, the HTML5 API is 1.7.0.
My network administrator told me he prefers to not update the SFS version.

I've tried a name as host, I've tried it's IP as host, and both work on all browsers except once again IE11 and Edge.
useSSL is set to true, debug is set as false and the SmartFoxServer is correctly set up, but sadly here in the company I don't have the rights to make changes to the server configuration.

I've tried with setting the config in the SmartFox constructor, and I've tried without setting the config in the constructor, both have the same result on Edge and IE.

Is this an Edge/IE related problem, is this an API related problem, or is this a smartfox related problem?
Sadly I can't post any code since I'm under an NDA (non-disclosure agreement)
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Edge / IE11 connection problems

Postby Bax » 30 Nov 2016, 15:47

We tested the web socket connection in IE11 and Edge, both in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, and everything works as expected both using WS and WSS. As a test client we used the AdvancedChat example available in the HTML5 examples pack.
Can you do the same?

Are you sure your server is configured for WSS (web socket secure)? Have you tried connecting with parameter useSSL=false?

As a side note, we recommend that you use JS API v1.7 in conjunction with SFS2X v2.12.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
duylinh013

Postby duylinh013 » 21 Dec 2016, 06:50

Hi,

I am getting same issue too on Edge. Everything is working good on Chrome/FF.

Code: Select all

SCRIPT12029: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12029, A connection with the server could not be established
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 21 Dec 2016, 07:48

duylinh013 wrote:Hi,

I am getting same issue too on Edge. Everything is working good on Chrome/FF.

Code: Select all

SCRIPT12029: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12029, A connection with the server could not be established

Can you please test using our AdvancedConnector example? If that still doesn't work, can you please send by email the connection details to your server, so we can test from here? Thanks.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SFS2X HTML5 / JavaScript API”