Is there anyway to pass a....

Post here your questions about the HTML5 / JavaScript for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ninjaoninja2

Is there anyway to pass a....

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 13 Jul 2017, 14:01

Hi there,
I'm working on Virtual World in HTML5/JS. And I've come across an error stating that the username and password code must be a string, is there anyway to not have to use a string and instead pass the parameters from a username and password input textbox to SFS as the username and password? Also, I'd like to say you guys should probably do a JavaScript client-side documentation as well to open the pathway up as Flash is dying.
Thanks, Zach.
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Is there anyway to pass a....

Postby Bax » 13 Jul 2017, 15:40

Sorry, your question is not very clear. Username and passwords ARE strings... what else should you send? Can you please clarify?
About the "JavaScript client side documentation", I suppose you are referring to the tutorials describing the examples we already provide. In this case we are currently working on them.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Ninjaoninja2

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 13 Jul 2017, 16:12

Bax wrote:Sorry, your question is not very clear. Username and passwords ARE strings... what else should you send? Can you please clarify?
About the "JavaScript client side documentation", I suppose you are referring to the tutorials describing the examples we already provide. In this case we are currently working on them.

Sorry Bax, I'm trying to take 2 input fields from an index.html file both of which are the username and password field, so I want SFS to use the input from those text boxes instead of using a straight username and password string. Does that make sense? And yes I meant the examples, that's great to hear you're working on them.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Jul 2017, 17:40

Hi,
sorry but it doesn't :)
An Inputbox is a UI element that is rendered by the browser and can't be transmitted over the network. However the data contained the in the input box can be transmitted.

Makes sense?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 13 Jul 2017, 17:45

I guess this is what you are looking for: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/115 ... javascript
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SFS2X HTML5 / JavaScript API”