BlueBox stops receiving data

Submit all your BlueBox related questions or report a bug here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

copet80

BlueBox stops receiving data

Postby copet80 » 28 Apr 2010, 06:38

Some of our players reported intermittent connection problems when they are behind a firewall. I've researched this thoroughly on the internet as well as on the SmartFoxServer forum and managed to narrow down my findings to one specific issue that have also been brought up by some people here in the forum.

I believe the problem that we're experiencing is very similar to the following topic:
viewtopic.php?p=29819#29819

Every now and then when I'm walking around the world (from room-to-room) the loading room screen wouldn't go away and it doesn't let me continue. I've found out that the onJoinRoom request was sent but the system never received the joinOk response from the server. I can consistently replicate this problem by clicking frantically on the ground to move my avatar, say, about 8-10 times before moving to another room.

Can you please shed some lights?

I've also sent an email with a test URL to info@smartfoxserver.com

Thank you!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 28 Apr 2010, 20:03

Yes, thanks.
However please it's not necessary to send multiple posts in the forums and email. It won't expedite the process.

I've sent an email in response
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
copet80

Still not working

Postby copet80 » 30 Apr 2010, 07:04

Hi Lapo,

We've been testing further with the standard out-of-the-box configuration and the AS3 SmartFoxChat example using BlueBox on a local machine.

We managed to replicate the problem of being stuck in a state in which we were able to send but not receive data after programatically calling the sendPublicMessage("a") eight times in a row. This issue never arises when using the normal socket connection - only BlueBox HTTP connections.

The issue can be replicated using the default httpPollSpeed of 750ms and anything lower. The issue can also be replicated using a higher httpPollSpeed value such as 1500ms or 5000ms but it may take several attempts to replicate.

You can also replicate the issue on our live system with the login details we previously emailed to you.

Our live application is even more prone to breaking, as we have the same issue occurring due to simple user interactions, rather than rapid programmatic calls.

Because we were able to replicate this issue with the SmartFoxChat example and BlueBox default configuration we believe the problem lies with BlueBox not with our own client application code.

Why does BlueBox not handle rapid successive calls?

Our list of client complaints is growing every day, so we'd really like to solve this issue asap. Of our 9000 player accounts around 15% cannot play because of this issue.

Thanks,
Anthony
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 30 Apr 2010, 17:50

We've been testing further with the standard out-of-the-box configuration and the AS3 SmartFoxChat example using BlueBox on a local machine.

Which SmartFox and BlueBox using are you using?

We managed to replicate the problem of being stuck in a state in which we were able to send but not receive data after programatically calling the sendPublicMessage("a") eight times in a row. This issue never arises when using the normal socket connection - only BlueBox HTTP connections.

Excellent. Please send us an email with the test code and a reference to this email. We'll investigate as soon as possible.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

copet80

RESOLVED!!

Postby copet80 » 04 May 2010, 04:31

Hi Lapo,

I was about the send you the sample codes and noticed that there's a patch for 1.6.8. I tried applying this patch on my local server and it fixes the BlueBox issue that we've been having!

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,
Anthony
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 04 May 2010, 06:43

Yep, that's why I was asking about the version :)
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “BlueBox”