using the NetStream.send() method with red5

Post your questions and bug-reports about the audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Media Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

QueenD

using the NetStream.send() method with red5

Postby QueenD » 01 Mar 2009, 10:12

Hi,
i am trying to use the NetStream.send() method while recording using the red box AVClipManager. but get no responce during playback (the callbacks are not being executed). is there a specific way to work with this method using the red5?
if not, is there another way for me to capture events during recording and attach them to the recorded stream so i can listen to them during playback (something like adding cuepoints)?

tnx alot :)
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 04 Mar 2009, 16:40

I don't think I have ever tested this use case, so I don't think I am able to help here... however Bax is the expert in this field, I will leave him the last word on the subject. (he's away from the office for a couple of days, btw)

Also, being this a generic netstream/flash question I might suggest to try googling around to see what other people say.

In case you discover something interesting let us know

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 09 Mar 2009, 10:21

QueenD, you are supposed to use the RedBox "managers" (AVClipManager in your case) methods to interact with Red5. If you need to more advanced features e do not provide, you will have to write your own code or modify the RedBox source code.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
QueenD

Postby QueenD » 11 Mar 2009, 09:28

yeah, this is exactly what i did: i call the NetStream.send() method from the AVClipManager class and also change the encoding of the stream
like this: NetConnection.defaultObjectEncoding=flash.net.ObjectEncoding.AMF0;
netConn = new NetConnection();
netConn.objectEncoding = flash.net.ObjectEncoding.AMF0;

and is works fine :)

tnx for your answers

Return to “RedBox”