Can not use bitmapdraw on streaming video conference data

Post your questions and bug-reports about the audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Media Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

snowcat

Can not use bitmapdraw on streaming video conference data

Postby snowcat » 11 Oct 2009, 17:29

Hi everyone,

I am new to SFS. I downloaded the newest SFS pro trial and setup the servers and tested a smart application of mine using Flex. Everything worked perfectly. Then I tried to capture the streaming data and then it didnt work anymore.

I'm sure this is related to the newer Flash Players ( 9 and up). It places more emphasis on the security of streamed content audio and video.

It seems by surfing the net, that if I could set the videoSampleAccess property of the Client class all would be well .... but I really dont know how to do that with SFS and the lite version of RED5.

Has anyone run into this issue? Is there a solution? Withouth a solution, there would be no point in buying SFS :(
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 12 Oct 2009, 08:40

If you only need to set a property on the client side, you can modify the source code of the RedBox classes.
If instead what you are trying to do must be supported by Red5 server too, we suggest you to try upgrading the Red5 version distributed with SFS to the latest release: http://osflash.org/red5
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
snowcat

Postby snowcat » 12 Oct 2009, 12:51

Thanks. I will install RED5 .8. I reviewed and it has "RTMPSampleAccess" class that I can then set.

I found the instructions on the web the you set in the red5-web.xml of your application:
<bean id="rtmpSampleAccess" class="org.red5.server.stream.RtmpSampleAccess">
<property name="audioAllowed" value="true"/>
<property name="videoAllowed" value="true"/>
</bean>

Are there config files that I need to change in the new RED5 to recognize RedBox?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 12 Oct 2009, 13:45

Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
snowcat

Postby snowcat » 12 Oct 2009, 14:05

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I did try that, but when building, it throws an exception regarding "could not find main class: org.red5.server.Standalone" and stops

I am thinking the person that got it to work did something else too or I am too much of a newbie yet and need to understand alot more of RED5 server builds :(
snowcat

Postby snowcat » 12 Oct 2009, 18:47

Hi again,

I am thinking maybe I dont need the new version of RED5 and can simply use the one with SFS. I guess I am puzzled because I am the one publishing the stream, so you would think this would be easy because I have full control!

This is the exact error I get. I just masked the IP address for posting.

SecurityError: Error #2123: Security sandbox violation: BitmapData.draw: http://192.111.1.111:8080/test1/mytest.swf cannot access rtmp://111.111.1.111/SFS_RedBox. No policy files granted access.
at flash.display::BitmapData/draw()

Where would I put a policy in order to grant access? I assume it would be under the SFS_RedBox?

Would I load the policy in my app "mytest".
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 13 Oct 2009, 10:49

Good question... policy files and Flash are always a pain. You probably have to dig in the Adobe documentation.
These links may be useful too:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/16862
http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=194986
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
snowcat

Postby snowcat » 14 Oct 2009, 00:55

Thanks... but it seems I'm stuck. I think REDBOX with the embedded RED5 can not handle it. I'm not that familiar with this and I dont know how much is involved or even if its possible for me to make the new release of RED5 work with SFS_REDBOX.

I may have to go a different route unfortunately... I will review FMS because its Adobe and I'm using Flex 3, so it better work :) I assume I can still use all of the other features of SmartFoxServer for gaming and just use FMS for the streaming data which I then can uses bitmap.draw

Thanks again!

Return to “RedBox”