audio stream not working sometimes

Post your questions and bug-reports about the audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Media Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

mhdside

audio stream not working sometimes

Postby mhdside » 27 Dec 2009, 17:37

I `ve created an application that uses audio/video, the problem is when some1 send a request to send his stream, and the request is accepted, on some machines only video is sent but no audio. This happens only on some machines, anybody can recommend what could it be? can it be firewall? can the firewall block audio but not video?... any suggestions?

thanks,
Mahmoud Badri
Senior actionscript developer
http://www.el3ab.com
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 29 Dec 2009, 08:14

Did you check the Flash plugin configuration panel? Maybe the client on those misbehaving computers has a wrong audio input selected.
Click the embedded swf in the browser with the right button and choose "Settings".
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
mhdside

Postby mhdside » 29 Dec 2009, 10:30

yeah actually I added a button to show the flash settings panel, and playing with those settings did solve receiving the missing users audio and also correcting the mic voice for the mac users.

btw, I edited the RedBox API to fix showing the cam on MAC, I think this should be corrected in the next version of the api, since on mac to attach the cam on the netstream you should use: Camera.getCamera("2") instead of Camera.getCamera()

regards,
Mahmoud Badri

Senior actionscript developer

http://www.el3ab.com
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 29 Dec 2009, 17:03

Thank you for pointing out the Mac issue with the camera.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “RedBox”