Rewind video without redownloading stream

Post your questions and bug-reports about the audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Media Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

copet80

Rewind video without redownloading stream

Postby copet80 » 05 May 2010, 05:04

Hi all,

I've been using RedBox on a virtual community project that I'm doing and have been investigating a way to rewind a video without re-downloading the stream without much success.

As a user, if I've been watching halfway through and then click on the track slider to replay a video segment that I've already watched, it appears that the video player re-downloads the streams.

Is there any way to replay a stream if it's already been downloaded without re-downloading it? Ideally if I've already completely downloaded the streams, I should be able to jump anywhere in that video without wasting my bandwidth, right?

I'm not sure if this is something that I can do on the video player itself, or if it's not possible at all. Any ideas / pointers would be much appreciated!

P.S.: Where can I check what version of RedBox I'm running on?

Cheers,
Anthony
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 May 2010, 09:53

I'm not a video streaming expert, but if I'm not wrong during the streaming you are not downloading anything. Just like when you watch tv, you can't "rewind".
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Xfer83

Postby Xfer83 » 05 May 2010, 18:28

Smartfox Server comes with Red5 0.6.3

Return to “RedBox”