Latest iPhone samples

Post here your questions about the Objective-C API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

arnieterm

Latest iPhone samples

Postby arnieterm » 17 Aug 2011, 13:02

Where can I find the latest smart fox server iphone samples?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 17 Aug 2011, 13:45

Use the sticky at the top of the post list:
viewtopic.php?t=9972
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
arnieterm

Postby arnieterm » 18 Aug 2011, 17:03

Thanks for your reply.
Earlier I have also seen the online documentation of the samples that includes simplechat, tic-tac-toe etc but now do not remember the exact link. I am using smartfox server in an iphone application that resembles very much with tic-tac-toe example but without documentation for that sample it is difficult to understand the working of the sample.
I have one another question also: For tic-tac-toe type of game one needs to first of all login into smartfox server after appropriate entries in the "config.xml" file that points to a valid IP address running smartfox server, will this login automatically create a room with this player as the default user in that room? Can I share custom NSObject between users in the room?

Once again thanks to your reply.
Arnieterm
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 19 Aug 2011, 12:54

I have one another question also: For tic-tac-toe type of game one needs to first of all login into smartfox server after appropriate entries in the "config.xml" file that points to a valid IP address running smartfox server, will this login automatically create a room with this player as the default user in that room?

No, but if you want you can add custom code your server side extension and achieve it. Check the docs for examples and all the details.
docs2x.smartfoxserver.com

Can I share custom NSObject between users in the room?

No, you can share SFSObject(s) which are platform neutral, so they can be shared even by clients on different technologies... Flash, Java, Unity, iPhone etc...
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
arnieterm

Postby arnieterm » 23 Aug 2011, 17:09

But my problem is that I need to share NSObject subclass
instance variables between users playing in the room. Can you give an example of this?
Thanks
Arnieterm
mystarnee

Re: Latest iPhone samples

Postby mystarnee » 03 Mar 2012, 04:09

Where I can find it? Every link just say invailid or something like that
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Latest iPhone samples

Postby Bax » 03 Mar 2012, 19:20

mystarnee wrote:Where I can find it? Every link just say invailid or something like that

We are a little late in publishing the updated iOS examples package. The first examples will be available soon.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SFS2X iPhone / iPad / OSX API”