SmartFoxServer and MySql Database

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

genar

SmartFoxServer and MySql Database

Postby genar » 17 Jul 2017, 17:31

Hey there !

I saw its possible to connect SmartFoxServer with an MySql Database. I also saw a User tab in the Admin Tool. When i connect the MySql Database to SmartFoxServer, will the Users be copied into my MySql Database ? Or for what else can i use this connection betwenn the MySql database and the SmartFoxServer ?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SmartFoxServer and MySql Database

Postby Lapo » 18 Jul 2017, 10:24

genar wrote:Hey there !

I saw its possible to connect SmartFoxServer with an MySql Database. I also saw a User tab in the Admin Tool. When i connect the MySql Database to SmartFoxServer, will the Users be copied into my MySql Database ?

SmartFoxServer can connect to any database, MySQL included.
Users are not copied to the database. I don't even know what does that mean, exactly. If you want you can create your own table for managing user profiles / credentials etc... That's up to you and your application requirements.

Or for what else can i use this connection betwenn the MySql database and the SmartFoxServer ?

You can use it for any of the typical use cases in which a database is useful, such as storing custom data :)
Storing user accounts, logins and passwords, game stats, high score tables and whatnot.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
genar

Re: SmartFoxServer and MySql Database

Postby genar » 19 Jul 2017, 16:19

Alright, thanks for you answer :D ! I think before i start, i should make myself a plan what i need and what to do >.<

Return to “SFS2X Questions”