The following books, articles, blog posts, interviews and more discuss the SmartFoxServer platform.
- August 2016An App, a Marathon and an Astronaut
- How SmartFoxServer is powering a mobile app on the International Space Station. Read more.
- February 2016Faster, Simpler, Smarter: Meet the SmartFoxServer Integration at Jelastic PaaS
- In this article, Tetiana Markova of the Jelastic team provides a detailed use case showing how to rapidly set up a Jelastic environment and deploy SmartFoxServer 2X for testing and production, with the example of real-time shooting game deployment – SpaceWar.
Jelastic is a PaaS offering designed specifically to automatically scale Java applications and allocate server resources required by applications. More information on the SmartFoxServer – Jelastic integration is available here.
Read the post on their website.
- March 2014Mixing HTML5 with other technologies
- ISO Interactive shows how to make a traditional website with strong social components using HTML5, SmartFoxServer 2X and PottyMouth in a responsive design. Read the post on their website.
- June 2013SmartFoxServer and Jelastic for Mobile Game Development
- In this blog post, Jelastic shows how to rapidly setup a virtual environment and deploy SmartFoxServer 2X for testing and production. The whole operation takes no longer than 5 minutes.
Jelastic is a PaaS offering designed specifically to automatically scale Java applications and allocate server resources required by applications.
Read the post on their website.
- November 2012Flash multiplayer gaming: The unexpected journey
- In this blog post, Croatian digital agency blog describes its experience with SmartFoxServer 2X and the reasons why they chose it against their home made solution and other products from our competitors. Read the post on their website.
- August 2010Flash Multiplayer Virtual Worlds
- Packt Publishing has released the book entitled Flash Multiplayer Virtual Worlds that analyzes the many aspects of MMO development using SmartFoxServer Pro. The book touches a lot of topics: from basic architecture to techniques for building the world and avatars, server side coding, designing quests and lots more.
The publication is available both in printed and electronic form. You can read more details on the publisher's website.
- June 2010Flash & Flex Developer's Magazine
- The June 2010 issue of FFD Magazine contains an article written by Fernando Bevilacqua. It is an interesting analysis of the protocols used by SmartFoxServer Pro and provides suggestions on how to use them while developing server-side code. In particular the raw-protocol adds efficiency for small and fast updates as required by real-time action games. You can download the magazine's issue on the FFD website, or get it directly following this link.
- February 2010Adobe's Edge Newsletter
- In this Adobe's EDGE newsletter issue Samuel Rivello interviews a developer from GAIA Online team about their latest MMO, zOMG. The article discusses the design approach, challenges and workflow used in the development including the advantages of using SmartFoxServer Pro in the backend.
You can read the interview here.
- February 2010Experimental Game Dev Podcast Show
- An in-depth interview to the SmartFoxServer's project leader where he discusses the origins of the product, its evolution, the successful projects built with it, scalability and lots more. The interview is available on the podcast's website.