A few questions on basic.

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ImmenseTurmoil

A few questions on basic.

Postby ImmenseTurmoil » 26 Mar 2005, 18:38

I was looking through the files and I still have a few questions.
1) how do you make admins/mods?
2) How do you make them type in specific colors in the chat?
3) The custom login, the sfsLogin.php, where is that? or do I have to create it?

More questions probably on the way :oops:

thanks.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: A few questions on basic.

Postby Lapo » 26 Mar 2005, 19:15

Hello,

1) Moderators are explained in the customLogin tutorial, that you can find here >> http://www.smartfoxserver.com/docs/
If you have any more specific questions, let me know

2) It is just a matter to choose a color for the textfield of each user, if you enable html in the textfield you can use any color you like

3) As stated in the article you just have to copy the PHP code and save it as sfsLogin.php in your local webserver

Happy Easter :)
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
ImmenseTurmoil

Re: A few questions on basic.

Postby ImmenseTurmoil » 26 Mar 2005, 20:23

Lapo wrote:2) It is just a matter to choose a color for the textfield of each user, if you enable html in the textfield you can use any color you like

so you mean like every time they type they would have to put

Code: Select all

<font color="#00CCFF"> message here </font>
?
I want it so like they type in colors that people cant choose.

thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 27 Mar 2005, 08:50

Yes and no... :)
You should have an automatic way of generating the html color code so that the user only writes his message and when he/she hits the SEND button some Actionscript will add the html <font></font> tag.

To do this you could develop your own"color picker" widget/component or use one of the already available.
For example have a look at this article >> http://www.theopensourcery.com/fldemocolorpick.htm

Also if you could exclude some colors from the "color picker" and reserve them for the moderator only, so he can be recognizable.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

ImmenseTurmoil

Postby ImmenseTurmoil » 27 Mar 2005, 14:37

Ok I kind of understand that now but if you notice in the chats, people can just type <font color=w/e color> message and it will change the color so how could i exclude that?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 27 Mar 2005, 16:09

If you assume that you have a color picker component it is very simple: the user chooses his color in the picker, then he types some text in a input field and finally he hits SEND. At that point the text is sent to all other client wrapped in a <font></font> tag with the chosen color

The "wrapping" is done by the AS code so that the user don't have to type the html code by hand

:)
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”