Smartfox Server on Cloud

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Yash_1999

Smartfox Server on Cloud

Postby Yash_1999 » 06 Sep 2020, 17:50

Hey there! I've installed smartfox server locallly and written my game logic as required. Now I want to deploy my smartfox server in cloud I've tried jelastic but I don't think its free as I'vet got any response from then regarding 14 days free trial . Please help me to find out the alternative to jelastic and guide me to deploy my server to cloud

Thanks for Reading. Waiting for your response!
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Smartfox Server on Cloud

Postby Lapo » 07 Sep 2020, 08:07

Hi,
the 14 days trial on Jelastic is for SmartFoxServer 2X and it's available starting from this page:
https://www.smartfoxserver.com/cloud/jelastic

Unfortunately it's not available for SFS PRO 1.x

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Yash_1999

Postby Yash_1999 » 09 Sep 2020, 05:38

I've started learning smartfox a week before and I love the way it works for multiplayer games,but at the same time its terrible for beginners like me to figure out smallest things especially because some of the docs(like cloud tab) seems to be outdated and it would be very very helpful if the docs contains elaborative examples on deploying the server to cloud.

Love SmartFox!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 09 Sep 2020, 07:47

Hi,
deploying the server is the same on your computer or a remote computer. So the "cloud" is not particularly important, as it only indicates a certain type of hosting.

Once you have a remote server running, you can remotely connect to it (SSH for Linux, Remote Desktop for Windows) and install the server, just like you did on your local machine.
More on installation here:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Gettin ... stallation

It there's any other questions let me know.
Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”