Can Site an Server reside on two different machine's?

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

paco

Can Site an Server reside on two different machine's?

Postby paco » 11 Apr 2005, 14:04

Hi,

I'm working with the free basic server. If a customer is interrested in a game of mine, i hope the customer buys the server.

My question :
I can't install and run anything on my Ladot-web-server.
Is it possible to put a connecting2smartFox-swf on a the Ladot server and the server on my own computer?

Paco
paco

Postby paco » 11 Apr 2005, 14:10

think i found my answer:
To overcome these limitations cross-domain policy files where introduced: these files are simple xml files that should be published in the web root of the external domain you want to access. When you are pointing the flash player to a resource outside the current domain it will try to load the policy file from the web-root of the external domain and see if it can access the required resource. This is valid for XMLSocket connections, loading of variables, xml files and external movieclips.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 11 Apr 2005, 16:34

Hi Paco,
yes you can have your game/application on your webserver while SmartFoxServer is on another machine. This would also be the best configuration for high traffic applications, where one server runs http and db server while the other handles multiplayer connections.

To do so you have just to specify in the connection string the IP address of the server running SFS. Since the Flash Player security policy does not allow to connect outside the current domain we've added the <AutoSendPolicyFile> option to automatically deliver the crossdomain.xml file from the socket server itself. This will allow your SWF to connect outside the current domain seamlessley.

We'll also provide connectivity options to SmartFoxServe and this will work exactly like that, you publish your SWF in your own web space and connect to our server instance.

Hope it helps :)
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
paco

Postby paco » 14 Jun 2005, 10:08

hi,

tnx lapo, This <AutoSendPolicyFile> feature comes in very handy, espaccially when you forgot how to make one. :lol:

Paco
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 14 Jun 2005, 16:21

lol :lol:
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”