Molehill

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

laxersaz

Molehill

Postby laxersaz » 13 Apr 2011, 08:15

Are you planning on using Molehill for OpenSpace in the near future? That would make a huge impact on performance.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 15 Apr 2011, 11:09

Not at the moment, but we are open to the possibility once molehill will be officially released.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Puggy

Postby Puggy » 29 Oct 2011, 01:58

Have there been any developments / decisions regarding this lately with OpenSpace?

Stage3d/Molehill is a huge leap forward for flash games' capabilities and it seems like a logical step for any flash game engine like OpenSpace to use it. I haven't had the chance to play around with it yet myself, but Flash Player 11 is now released and supports Stage3d and I'm led to believe that using the Starling framework (also by Adobe), it is pretty straight forward to implement in existing flash projects.

I'm hoping that you guys are working on this already.
TuTTa

Re: Molehill

Postby TuTTa » 26 Jul 2012, 12:44

Hey guys,
I'm sorry to come in in the discussion. Have you faced some lag issue using Stage3D with SmartFoxServer 1.x Pro? I'm workin on a project that use Stage3D + jiglib and once I initialize the physics I have weird behaviour with RTT... do you know if it could be caused by the low level implementation of smartfox client library? Can you redirect me to some specific documentatio?

Thanks
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 26 Jul 2012, 14:20

Hi.
If you disable the SmartFoxServer part from your project, does it still have that lag you're seeing? And what kind of lag are we talking about?
Slow frame-rate or just some flickering on object movement due to server vs client position fighting? Is the SFS Api causing heavy CPU usage?
Skills: SFS Pro, SFS2X, AS2.0/AS3.0, Java, HTML5/CSS3/JS, C#
Portfolio: https://rjgtav.wordpress.com/
SFS Tutorials: http://sfs-tutor.blogspot.com/ - Discontinued. Some examples may be bugged.
radiateur

Postby radiateur » 28 Jul 2012, 09:33

Sounds weird to me, because after testing, openspace CPU usage by default is very low, whereas stage3d or even starling api, uses much more cpu/gpu ressources.
Then i'm not so sure about openspace evolution with stage3d, because the main interest of openspace (for me) is that you can play quite smoothly with a very weak computer, (as notebooks, office'desktops, etc) wich are mostly the computers of webgames ' players.
And in every test i did, stage 3d and even starling is worst with a low power graphic card than the default graphic flash engine. So yes it's nice to have real 3d, but if it ask us to leave the main audience of our webgames, i'm not sure that's it's the most smart thing to do.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 02 Aug 2012, 10:36

No plans as of today.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”