Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ifernandez

Postby ifernandez » 25 May 2011, 20:50

Hello,

I'm using SFS2x and OpenSpace in my project, recently i have found an issue with what i think is network latency, but i'm not completely sure about it.

Sometimes when we are playing our game, and we click fast in different tile the avatar starts moving, and after that its like the position is resetted to the initial point, and starts walking again. I assume that this happens when the path arrives multiple times.

I'm not sure on how to deal with this, i've been searching in the forums for a post similar to this one but without any luck.

Thanks

Ivan
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 27 May 2011, 08:22

In certain conditions this could be an expected behavior.
Did you check what happens to the same avatar on another client? Is the avatar position on the two clients synchronized?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
ifernandez

Postby ifernandez » 31 May 2011, 15:50

We made some tests to narrow this issue down:

In local environments, with LAN network timings and latency the issue is too hard to reproduce, almost impossible for us at least.

We tested the issue on the Open Space example and it has the same behavior, we can reproduce this using the example.

Also other Open Space game, Pet Pet Park, has the same behavior.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 01 Jun 2011, 08:45

Are you able to record a video showing the issue? That would be very useful. Thank you.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
ifernandez

Postby ifernandez » 01 Jun 2011, 13:12

Also, i was looking at other computers to test the issue you pointed out if the avatars are syncronized in every client, and that happens the same behavior is observed.

In all the clients the avatar is synced and the "jumping" happens. I'll try to record a video today and post it.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 06 Jun 2011, 08:13

That's good news. It means it's not a synchronization problem, which would much more difficult to find out. We will look for a fix as soon as possible (now we are very busy on the SFS2X final release).
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”